Sunday, May 06, 2007

Coney Island

I had the perfect New York day today.



This morning, Thee Boy and I and one of our friends went down to Coney Island. We got food at the VERY FIRST Nathans ever in New York City. (Well, they did - I am not fond of hot dogs.)

The Original Nathans

I had carnie food (funnel cake with powdered sugar = delicious). We rode the Cyclone, one of the last remaining wooden roller coasters in the United States and a NY historic monument, then we went to the aquarium to look at fishies (my tank is better).

Cyclone

Shark Watch

After that, we headed to Brighton Beach (little Russia) to look for international foodstuffs, though eventually settled on taking the train back into Park Slope (Brooklyn) for some of the best Tex-Mex food available in New York (to my stringent California standards).

Seis de Mayo!

Ahhhh. Sometimes I really do ♥ NY.

(more @ flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment